Inspire the mindset of a World Changer in your child through the 2021 Omaha Acton Children's Business Fair, presented by Econic!
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace.
We will host up to 45 youth start-up businesses on Sunday, May 23 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm at the Omaha Design Center, located in downtown Omaha. We will engage in safety precautions for COVID-19 like indoor mask wearing, social distancing and offer hand sanitizing stations.
Participant Check-In & Set-Up
Public Marketplace & Judging
Virtual Launch Workshop
A fun, Virtual Launch Workshop will also be held on Sunday, April 25 from 2:00-3:00 pm to offer inspiration and support to participants and parents alike!
Our youth are capable of far more than we can imagine. When we can inspire them through stories of entrepreneurs who have gone before, emphasize the journey of growth over the result itself, and give them opportunity to learn through real-world, hands-on experiences, these young heroes will be inspired to discover their most precious gifts and a calling that will change the world.
This movement is hosted by Acton Academy Omaha and is sponsored by Econic, the Acton School of Business, and the generous support of our donors and volunteers, many listed below. We all believe that principled entrepreneurs are heroes and role models for the next generation.
Whether an entrepreneur is famous like Elon Musk or Oprah Winfrey or they are one of the thousands of unsung business owners across this country, these are the people who make sacrifices to innovate, create jobs and serve their communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- First, think about what you can make with your hands that others might enjoy.
- Next, picture how you might sell it.
- Finally, imagine the feeling (and responsibility) of having a little extra spending money as a result.
Choosing to apply to the Omaha Acton Children’s Business Fair indicates that you agree to abide by the guidelines in our Policies & Procedures Document . Individuals violating the policies and procedures risk forfeiting their participation in the fair and application fee, based on the judgement of the Omaha Acton Children’s Business Fair staff.
Is there a fee to apply?
- What product or service do you plan to sell?
- What price will you charge for each product/service? How much will each product/service cost you?
- How will you pay for your startup costs? If someone is helping you with your startup costs, how will you pay that person back?
- How will you advertise/market your business before the fair?
- At the end of the fair, how will you determine if your business was a success?